Oil Grabber™ Model MB
The Abanaki Model MB Oil Grabber is a dependable and effective means of removing oil from water and water-base solutions. Often, skimming by itself will reduce oil to an acceptable level of water purity. Depending on the characteristics of the liquid, it is possible for the Model MB alone to reduce oil content to less than five parts per million in water. The unit can be used as a pretreatment before filtration, and in conjunction with a coalescing system.
- Tail Pulley: Specify standard or high capacity. (The high capacity option uses a patented pulley design that improves the adherence of oil to the inside of the belt, thus increasing the removal rate.)
- Motor: Fractional, TEFC, gear motor operating on either 115/230VAC, single phase, 60Hz or 230/460 VAC, three phase, 60Hz. Optional: 50Hz power source; explosion proof; drip proof; pneumatic; and wash down duty motors.
- Belt Width: 8 in. (20 cm)
- Belt Length: User specified (see “Belt Selection” next page.)
- Belt Material: Specify corrosion-resistant steel, carbon steel, or specially engineered polymer.
- Wiper: Nitrile standard; CRV optional. Specify wiper material based on temperature and fluid compatibility.
- Weights: Drive assembly and housing with motor, without belts or tail pulleys: 2 belt unit: 74 lbs. (34 kg) max. 3 belt unit: 86 lbs. (39 kg) max. 5 belt unit: 110 lbs. (50 kg) max. Tail pulley (per belt): 10 lbs. (4.5 kg) 4 ft. corrosion-resistant steel belt: 7 lbs.(3.2 kg) (belt weight varies according to actual length specified)
Features & Benefits
- Requires only a small area in the tank or sump
- Easy mounting
- High temperature capability
- Chip resistant powder finish
- Hazardous duty and food grade options
- Custom designs and turnkey systems available
- Fast cleaning with minimal maintenance
- Most inexpensive way to remove oil from water
- Saves coolants by removing tramp oil
- Conserves parts wash water by removing oily wastes
- Prevents plugging of spray heads and filters
- Reduces fluid disposal costs
- Skimmed oil can be recycled and reused as a lubricant or fuel
- Helps meet government requirements for water discharge
- Wastewater sumps
- Coolant systems
- Food processing plants
- Parking lots, garages, and service facilities
- Outdoor ponds, lakes, and basins
- Underground tanks
- Aircraft service areas and tarmac runoff
- Truck, locomotive, and other mobile equipment washing facilities