Oil Spill Containment Booms
Conventional oil containment boom is the most commonly used spill-response boom. Also called curtain boom, it is designed with semi-flexible internal foam flotation and a flexible fabric skirt. ABASCO conventional oil spill booms are available in sizes and strengths to contain spills in conditions from quiescent waters to open ocean waves.
Features & Benefits
- All fabric welds are standard 2-inch thermal welds or 1-inch radio-frequency (RF) welds for superior strength and durability. Welds are guaranteed for the life of the non-absorbent boom.
- Extra-heavy hinge points between flotation segments ensure vertical boom stability and float integrity and durability. Hinges are RF welded and are 3 inches wide and three fabric layers thick.
- Flotation segments are 4 ft long for superior wave conformity and ease of handling and storage.
- Polyethylene foam flotation has 100% retractable memory for superior flotation performance and durability.
- High-tensile-strength aluminum connectors are universally compatible and exceed industry standards.
- All tension cables and ballast chains are hot-dip galvanized for non-absorbent booms.
- The pre-loaded tension cable terminates into the end connectors; the non-absorbent boom fabric never bears the load.
- A wide variety of fabrics, coatings, section lengths, weights, and colors are available.